DWP Smears Trussell Trust

Holy Bible Title Page
Holy Bible Title Page (Photo credit: mrbill)
The government remains determined to ignore the real reason behind the rise in food bank usage throughout the UK as they chip away at the welfare system so as to prop up the bankers and bondholders. Now the Department for Work and Pensions, which should remain neutral on political issues is trying to blame the Evangelical Christians. Apparently food banks are a God-given opportunity to evangelise and proselytize and the impetus is not to feed the poor and hungry but to indulge in a bit of Bible bashing.
“For the Trussell Trust, food banks started as an evangelical device to get religious groups in touch with their local communities. As far as I know, the Government has no policy on evangelism.”
See minutes of the Scottish Parliament Welfare Reform Committee, Section 1464.

I'll let the Apostle St Matthew speak for me.

Matthew 25:35-36
New Living Translation (NLT)
35 For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. 36 I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.’

Authored by Chris Hall
Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the bleak midwinter

Blogcatalog Widget Removed