If Loving God Was A Crime

An oldie but goodie, Big Tent Revival at their best! Shame I couldn't source the original video. :(

But how apt the words are for today's world.



If loving God was a crime, I'd be an outlaw.
I would join the fight.
They could not shut me down. I would stand tall.
What I know is right.
Would you stand with me, for the world to see,
when all is on the line?
Would you be ashamed, of Jesus name?
If loving God was a crime.

The school room I hear, teaches choices,
to kids who cannot pray.
And the unborn I fear, they have no voice,
in politics today.

Would you stand with me, for the world to see,
when all is on the line?
Would you be ashamed of Jesus name?
If loving God was a crime.

Take a look around.
What will tomorrow hold?
It's time to stand our ground.
We must be bold, we must be bold.

If loving God was a crime, I'd be an outlaw.
I would join the fight.
Will you stand with me, for the world to see,
when all is on the line?
Will you be ashamed, of Jesus name,
when loving God is a crime?

When loving God is a crime...

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Comments

  1. Interesting poem, I feel that most 'believers' would not be believers if it was socially unacceptable. You should check out my poem called "5 year-old-man". I run an atheist blog, however this poem really has nothing to do with religion. Link to the blog is below...you might have to sift through some content to find it however.
    ------------------
    The Atheist Perspective

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a quick read Jack but will have to visit it again for it to sink in.

    Socially unacceptable? Christianity has a habit of thriving when it's socially unacceptable. Least I would say history and even today ( China ) says so.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Spammers, trolls and blatantly offensive posts will be summarily deleted. My blog, my rules. Otherwise comment away!

Popular posts from this blog

In the bleak midwinter

Blogcatalog Widget Removed